To adequately design and space plan an ADA floor plan for a financial company. The office space is located in an office building with other businesses. No exterior changes can be made to the exterior shell, windows, or entry doors.
Reception and Entry
The office space was designed with a ADA requirements and utilized high-end materials such as stone to help implement the design requirements.
1. Double entry doors each with a 3' openings were used to help with AD requirements including 1'-6" clearance on the push side on either side of the doors.
2. A 5' turning radius is followed throughout the building and 3' doors are used throughout.
3. 4'-6" corridors are implemented for easy wheelchair access and move-ability
4. Concrete floors are used throughout to help with move-ability.
5. Light fixtures are kept at 80" or above for the visually impaired